Fees and Quotes
Every project is unique and varies in complexity; from a simple resume through to the most complex index, there can be no hard-and-fast fee structure that would apply to all types of work. That is why each project must firstly be assessed to determine the type and extent of work that is required to be undertaken. We both need to know where we stand before the job is started!
So, before you commit to anything, this is what I will do:
- Meet/discuss with you to ascertain your specific requirements, including:
- the type and extent of work to be undertaken. This could include an assessment of a few pages of the project for a nominal fee
- negotiating a mutually agreed-to fee structure
- negotiating a mutually agreed-to timeframe of completion and payment.
- Submit a Business Proposal, outlining exactly what work is to be undertaken, and by when you can expect that work to be completed.
- Include, with the Business Proposal, a written quotation that clearly defines the rate and method of fee calculation, whether it be on a cost-per-hour, cents-per-word, or any other mutually agreed-to basis.
All payments are due 14 days after the invoice date. For larger projects, progress payments would need to be negotiated.
A famous quote ...
'I was working on the proof of one of my poems all morning, and I took out a comma.
In the afternoon I put it back again.'